To make the idea submission process easier, please familiarize yourself with our business plan requirements and the questions on our application form.
Here's what you should include in your business plan:
Information on your management team
- Brokerage name and the name of any other businesses involved in developing the idea (eg software vendors or developers).
- Management team names and bios.
- Phone numbers and email addresses of management team.
- Brokerage website and the website of any other business involved in developing the idea.
- Why is partnering with Aviva important to your business?
Information on your idea
- What is your idea, product or service?
- Who is your target market?
- Why did you develop it?
- When did it launch to market or when is it planned to launch?
- Which investment category does your idea address?
- Which stage of the product lifecycle best describes your idea?
- Mission and vision
- Target market
- Competitor analysis
- Sales and marketing strategy
- Capitalization table
- Historical financials if available (three years)
- Financial projections (five years)
Here are the questions you’ll be asked when you submit an idea:
- What is your name?
- What is your email address?
- What is your phone number?
- Are you a licensed Aviva broker partner?
- If yes, what brokerage do you represent?
- If you are not a licensed Aviva broker partner, are you partnered with a licensed Aviva broker partner to develop
an idea or proof of concept?
- Are you developing this technology in partnership with a software vendor or solely in-house?
- In partnership with a software vendor
- In house
- Are you looking for an opportunity for funding, a strategic partnership with Aviva Canada, and/or access to a business
accelerator? Please select all that apply.
- Strategic partnership
- Access to a business accelerator
- If you’re looking to pitch for funding, please answer the following:
- How much are you requesting?
- What will you use the funding for?
- How much funding have you received to date?
- Who did you receive any existing funds from?
- Do you have a proof of concept?
- If no, when do you expect to have a proof of concept available (in months)?
- How would you describe your product or service in one sentence?
- Which investment category does your product or service fall under? Please select all that apply.
- The ‘Internet of Things’
- Data and analytics
- Innovative propositions
- Please attach your business plan